Date(s) - 08/11/2017
9:30 am - 5:30 pm
INN Offices Centro
Teams working with tight schedules, demanding customers, limited and shared workforce, and challenging business objectives typically need a more Agile and effective approach for their Project and Service Management practices.
The purpose of this course is to strengthen participants’ knowledge of Lean and Kanban principles and thus help them achieve higher levels of productivity and efficiency. During the training, you will learn about the theory of high-performance teams, how to collaborate with others to achieve long-term success and how to adopt the “Kaizen” culture of continuous improvement. On the practical side, you will also learn how to effectively design Kanban boards that best map your process, as well as to define and track important metrics. The demo session will be led on Kanbanize and will provide first-hand experiences and expert insights for a successful implementation of the covered theory.
Inaccurate and insufficient status reporting can be replaced with a visual way to monitor work progress without any additional stress for the executors. There is a way to manage and optimize workflows, to stop the counterproductive behavior and help people achieve more with less! Join us on this journey!
*On the occasion of CAS 2017.
Part 1 Theoretical Foundations of Agile, Lean and Kanban
- Causes for project delays, long service delivery time and extra costs (demonstrated through a simulation).
- Principles and core practices of Agile, Lean and Kanban.
- Agile-Lean practices for project management:
- Visual work management;
- Time management;
- Reviewing and reporting project progress;
- Scope management and assigning work;
- Communication management;
- Decision making.
- Defining criteria for prioritizing unforeseen work and customer requests.
- Managing multiple teams.
- How to introduce Lean Kanban Management in a classic organization.
Part 2 Practical Hands-on Session with Kanbanize
- Kaizen, Hoshin Kanri, and Continuous Improvement concepts.
- Digital Kanban board – Why do you need it?
- Kanban board examples for different teams.
- Kanban Analytics.
- Portfolio Kanban – Implementing a Kanban Roadmap.
- Portfolio Kanban – Epics Flow Efficiency.
- Portfolio Kanban – Setting WIP limits on a System level.
- How to forecast on the Portfolio level?
This course will be useful for anyone who wants to be successful in managing projects and appropriately involving team-members and customers. In particular, anyone who wants to:
- Cope with project delays and long service delivery time;
- Handle complex dependencies between projects and services;
- Be able to manage frequent interruptions;
- Timely handle change requests.
During this course you will:
- Learn the core principles of Lean and Kanban and their implementation in Project Management so you can boost your team’s productivity;
- Get ideas on how to adjust effective practices of planning, monitoring, controlling, prioritization, progress reporting, and risk management;
- Gain knowledge on how to manage your workflow and track important metrics to improve predictability;
- See an easy way to automate data collection and set customized business rules for your tasks.
- Collect insights on how to enhance communication and collaboration within your team.
Prerequisites: Basic understanding of the Project Management concepts.
Location: All registered attendees will receive additional details about the exact location of the workshop.
- Part 1: castellano
- Part 2: inglés
Teodora Bozheva is a software process improvement professional with more than 15 years of experience working with companies on getting better project, product, and business results through modern Agile methodologies. She is strongly focused on the customer’s business objectives. Teodora applies Kanban principles and practices, Lean Six Sigma and other methods and frameworks to integrate the organizational processes in an efficient and manageable workflow. Teodora was previously a Project Leader with the European Software Institutes. She is an Accredited Lean Kanban University Trainer. Teodora is Co-founder and Principal Trainer and Coach of Berriprocess.
Dimitar Karaivanov, CEO, and Co-founder of Kanbanize is a Lean-thinker and a Kanban practitioner with a background in the areas of software development and process improvement. The idea of Kanbanize was born with the aim to help advanced product teams apply the principles of Lean and Kanban to their work and thus maximize their results. Through the success of his company, he has proven that Kanban can be used for product development and not just change management activities. He is passionate about achieving extreme performance at scale and applying Lean and Kanban outside IT.