The KMP II course introduces Kanban management at all levels of the organization. Deepen the use of metrics, the resolution of bottlenecks and the improvement of workflow efficiency.
Kanban allows for improvements in management and delivery to the client without making drastic changes in their work practices, organizational structure, functions, responsibilities or positions.
Teodora Bozheva adds a brief introduction to the Kanban Maturity Model with which you will know how to use it to further develop the agility of the organization.
This is a certified Lean Kanban University course focussed on managing multiple kanban systems and the dependencies between them with the objective to reach a sustainable service and product development that meets customer expectations.
The learning objectives for the class are as follows:
- Develop service orientation in an organization
- Get deeper knowledge on the Kanban cadencies
- Learn to deal with resistance to WIP limits
- Know how to manage work at all levels with Kanban
- Learn to drive organizational improvement with Kanban
- Uderstand the Kanban patterns for organizational maturity and how to use them to develop the agility of teams – projects and services – business.
This course is useful for agile coaches, managers and team members who are interested in scaling the usage of Kanban across their organization with the objective to achieve a fluid and sustainable service and product development, happy customers, and collaborative teams.
- Kanban systems: proto-kanban, kanban system, Discovery Kanban
- Seeing services in an organization
- Conducting management meetings and reviews (Kanban cadencies)
- Replenishment meeting
- Delivery Planning meeting
- Risk review
- Service Delivery Review
- Operations Review
- Getting deeper in metrics for managing workflow
- Managing workflow bottlenecks
- Managing evolutionary organizational change with Kanban
- Kanban Litmus Test for driving and evaluating organizational improvement
- Kanban Maturity Model
- Two days of high quality training focussed on your needs
- Course materials in electronic format (pdf format)
- Lean-Kanban University (LKU) certificate of course completion*
- Membership of the Lean-Kanban University
- The book “Kanban Maturity Model: Evolving Fit-for-Purpose Organizations” written by David J. Anderson and Teodora Bozheva
- For open courses: lunches and meals are included on both days of the training
* To become a “Certified Kanban Management Professional” you should attend the KMP I: Kanban System Design course as well.
This course is useful for anyone who:
- Uses or has previous experience with Kanban and wants to be successful extending it in her organization
- Wants to consolidate her knowledge and experience with Kanban and learn how to expand it in her organization
In terms of roles:
- Product development team members and Senior Managers
- Service delivery team members and Senior Managers
- Team Leaders, Scrum Masters
- Software developers and Testing professionals
- Process Improvement Team members and Managers
- Prior attendance in the KMP I: Kanban System Design
- Attendees are expected to have read “Kanban” by David J Anderson or “Kanban from the Inside” by Mike Burrows
- We recommend that attendees have attended the Team Kanban Practitioner course
2 days (8 hours/day)