Building and sustaining a competitive organization requires focusing on creating value for customers, developing the ability to quickly understand and respond to changing demand, and deliver products and services in the short terms and at attractive costs.
Meeting these challenges requires using agile management and team coordination practices, as well as good techniques for problem-solving and correct decision-making.
The Kanban method, used in numerous organizations, has been shown to reduce delivery times by half, as well as production and operations costs, significantly improve collaboration within and between teams, and customer satisfaction.
Learn how to
- Obtain visibility in the real status of the ongoing work for the whole team
- Define correct criteria for prioritizing customer requests
- Resolve dependencies between projects to avoid that they impede the workflow
- Manage correctly interruptions and unforeseen events
- Reduce or eliminate waste in the workflow and, as a consequence, get work done on time and within budget
- Make realistic work estimation and scheduling
- Eliminate people overloading
This course is a must for Project Managers, Project Management Office members, Service Managers and team members who need to reduce delivery times and costs, and become more Agile.
- Causes for project delays, long service delivery time and extra costs (demonstrated through a simulation)
- Principles and key concepts of Agile, Lean, Kanban
- Workflow management
- Defining policies for managing the work
- Project management with Kanban:
- Forecasting delivery time
- Monitoring and reporting project progress with Kanban
- Resource allocation
- Risk management
- Managing multiple projects
- How to introduce Lean Kanban Management in a classic organization
- Two days of high quality, very hands-on training focused on your needs.
- Know how to get started with Lean Management the day after the course
- Course materials in electronic format (pdf format)
- For public courses: Refreshments during the course and lunch
- Berriprocess Certificate of course completion
This course is useful for anyone who wants to be successful in managing her projects and appropriately involve her team-members and customers. In particular, anyone who wants to:
- Cope with project delays and long service delivery time
- Handle complex dependencies between projects and services
- Be able to manage frequent interruptions
- Manage well changing demand
In terms of roles:
- Senior Managers, Project Managers and team members
- Product Managers
- Service team members and Senior Managers
- Team Leaders, Scrum Masters
- Software developers and Testing professionals
- Process improvement Managers and team members
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
It is recommended to explore the resource on Berriprocess web site starting with Why Traditional Management Fails in a Dynamic Context.
If you have attended some of the courses of Lean Kanban University, you could enroll for the second day of the course only.
- 1 or 2 days, see Prerequisites